Want to stand out from the crowd? A bespoke website may be for you.
In today’s society, there is often a great demand for the ‘cheap and cheerful’ option. In the web design and development industry that’s certainly no different.
We frequently receive enquiries from potential website clients where price is often the only factor. In such cases, we may hear ‘my friend can create a website for £100’ or ‘I’ve seen an advert saying you can build a website for free’.
Now of course we understand that the lowest-cost option has its place and, where that fits the bill, then go for it, it’s a no-brainer. However, there may be more things to consider here.
Low cost websites usually fall into one of the following two categories (or sometimes both). Here we’ll talk about the pros and cons of each.
The website is created using a layout and theme template, so the majority of the work has already been done before your website is even started.
- Low cost
- Quick turnaround
- Little control over the general layout and design
- The same template may be used across hundreds or thousands of other websites so there will be lots of websites that look just like yours, maybe even competitors
- As your business grows, your website will need to grow with you. Templates may allow new pages but often lack the flexibility to easily add new features
The website is created by a private individual, rather than a team.
- Lower cost: a freelancer will often have much fewer overheads
- Intermittent or no ongoing support and maintenance in the event that the individual is sick, on holiday, busy or if they change jobs
- An individual has the knowledge and ideas of an individual. A team of strategists, designers and developers collaborate to bring everyone's strengths to a project
- Most freelance developers will work from home. This creates a barrier for face-to-face meetings and often means no set working hours for support.
Low cost website development is very much like an off-the-peg suit, we so often choose a size that’s close to a good fit but very rarely does it fit perfectly. Plus, hundreds and thousands of others may have the exact same one.
In business terms, success can’t be achieved from being just a part of the crowd. It comes from standing out, offering something unique and dynamic and being perfectly tailored to meet your objectives.
Hallnet’s Bespoke Service
At Hallnet, we start from scratch. There’s no one-size fits all here.
A bespoke website is, by its very nature, built to your exact specifications and to achieve your specific goals. There is full control over layout, theme, imagery, typefaces, functionality and more, enabling us to work together to create the perfect solution for your brand, a solution that converts users into customers.
Our bespoke websites can also be deemed ‘future-proof’ as they can be adapted and developed as your business grows and expands. Plus, this service is all backed by a full-time, in-house team that has been established for over 15 years.
It doesn’t matter if you're just starting out or if you are a heavyweight in your industry. From something simple to the most complex of solutions, we can work with you develop your vision and lend some extensive industry knowledge along the way.
So we’ve established that low cost solutions have their place, of course they do. However, when thinking long-term it may well be worth considering your website as one of the most important investments you’ll ever make for your business. After all, it’s your public image at stake; your face to potential customers.
With that in mind surely it’s worth making that investment wisely rather than simply finding the cheapest option.
Why not CONTACT US for a free consultation or quotation and discover the full potential of the web for your organisation.