Over the past couple of years, Hallnet have had a growing involvement in the Utilities industry. The complexity of the industry often means that off the shelf solutions do not tick all the boxes: that’s where we come in. In the last 12 months alone we have delivered ongoing support and updates to a utilities procurement system, developed a complex project management system and last month we launched Virtual Utilities.
The Virtual Utilities project journey goes back over 10 months, where one of our existing clients commissioned us to research, design and develop a web application that could store utility files (PDF and AutoCad) based on location.
One of the specific requirements was that companies preparing to lay underground utilities could pay to search a specific location for existing utilities, with positive searches producing detailed AutoCads or PDFs.
The beta version of the system was completed late 2015 and since then we have continually updated the system based on feedback from clients and changes in internal / industry processes.
Some of the other system features include:
- Responsive design (optimised for mobile, tablets and desktops)
- Area search facility (address, lat/long, OS grid coords)
- Area and Linear selection tools
- 3rd party payment integration
- User signup and guest checkout
- My Account (User account) area
- Offline payment option and admin authorisation
- Multiple user levels
- Powerful administration area, including content management, payment configuration, utility upload facility and much more.