At Hallnet we are committed to protecting your information and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out what personal information we may collect about you, how we may use it and your rights in relation to your personal information that we hold
Why we may collect your information
We rely on the following legal reasons for collecting and processing your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract with you
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- In pursuit of our legitimate interests. This is when we have a reasonable business reason to use your information, including:
- Where you give your consent. In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers. See ‘Marketing’ for more.
What information we may collect
Throughout your relationship with us we may collect various types of personal information, which we classify as follows. Of course, we don’t collect all of this information from everyone, only as and when necessary.
- Identifying (e.g. Name, user name, online identifier)
- Contact (e.g. Email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers)
- Communication (e.g. Emails, letters, web chat, telephone conversations)
- Social (e.g. Friends, colleagues, connections, groups)
- Public (e.g. Information in the public domain such as Companies House and social media)
- Preference (e.g. Consents, intentions, options)
- Location (e.g. Country, coordinates)
- Device (e.g. IP address, browser, device information)
- Behavioural (e.g. How and when you use our websites and services)
- Financial (e.g. Payment information)
- Professional (e.g. Employer, Job title, employer contact details)
- Demographic (e.g. Age and individual characteristics)
Additional Information we may collect from job applicants & employees:
- Identifying (e.g. National Insurance Number)
- Professional (e.g. Work history, education, references, interviews, employee files, disciplinary actions)
- Special Category (Only where permitted by law we may collect Medical Records through an Occupational Health service)
- Criminal Offence (Only where permitted by law we may collect data on unspent criminal convictions through the Disclosure & Barring Service)
These lists are not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes outlined earlier in this notice.
Our website and services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How we might collect your information
Your personal data may be collected:
- Directly, for example when you:
- Indirectly, for example your browsing activity or IP address
- From third parties that have your consent to pass your details to us
- From trusted third parties that we use to operate our business processes, products and services
- From public sources
We may obtain information about your computer & usage of our website and online services by using ‘cookies’.
If you choose not to provide your information
If you choose not to provide the personal information that we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot deliver or perform the products or services that you require from us.
Please note that any optional information that we ask for would be made clear at the point of collection.
Using your information for marketing
If you agree, we would like to send you information from our brands (Hallnet and Active Housing) about our products, services and events which we feel may be of interest to you.
If you have given your consent to marketing, you may opt out at a later date by contacting us (see ‘How to contact us’).
All about cookies
We may obtain information about your computer & how you use our website and online services by using ‘cookies’.
Cookies enable us to:
- Give you a better online experience
- Protect your security
- Measure and improve our service
We may set the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies - necessary in order for you to use a feature
- Functionality cookies - records your preferences, allowing us to remember these for next time you visit
- Performance cookies - help us monitor usage to help us improve our products and services
These cookies may be ‘session’ or ‘persistent’.
- Session cookies - not stored on your hard drive and only remain active until you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies - stored on your hard drive and remain active until they expire or you delete them manually.
Cookies may be set by us (known as ‘first party’ cookies) or, where necessary, by third party companies (known as ‘third party’ cookies).
The examples below are cookies that may be set via this website:
- laravel-session, XSRF-TOKEN
Purpose: Used for security purposes to mitigate Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks Type: Security, First Party
- _ga, _gid
Purpose: Google Analytics tracking code to enable us to monitor statistical usage data Type: Performance, Third Party
Purpose: Records the response to the cookie notice displayed on the website Type: Functional, Third Party
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How long we keep your information for
Sharing your information
We may share your personal information between our brands (‘Hallnet’ and ‘Active Housing’) and with these types of organisations:
Applies to Everyone
- Only where necessary, third party organisations that we use to operate our business processes, products and services. This may include: Amazon Web Services, Atlassian, Clearbooks, Favro, Google, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Microsoft, Rackspace and SupportBee
- Government and regulators
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies
- Individuals or companies that introduce you to us
- Individuals or companies that we introduce you to
- Market researchers
- Any organisation that you request we share your information with
- A prospective buyer of our business or assets
Applies to Employees
- Our accountants, solicitors and payroll provider
- Employee benefit scheme operators
- Our pension scheme operator
- Occupational health practitioners
Please note: We will not provide your personal information to other organisations for marketing purposes.
Sending information outside of the EEA
The personal information that we collect from you, or you provide to us, may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") only if necessary to:
- Follow your instructions
- Comply with a legal duty
- Fulfil a contract with you or
- Work with a third party that we use to operate our business processes, products and services
In such cases, we take reasonable steps to choose established companies in countries with privacy laws recognised as ensuring an adequate level of protection or established companies that employ measures deemed to give similar protection, such as the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
Once we hold your personal information, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Request that we rectify anything incorrect in your personal information
- Request that we delete your personal information
- Request that we restrict the processing your personal information
- Object to the processing of your data
- Withdraw any consent you have previously given
Automated Decision Making In certain cases under data protection law you have the right to request that your personal information isn’t used to make automated decisions, instead requesting human intervention. At this time we don’t make any automated decisions based on your personal information.
Exercising your rights
You may exercise your rights under this policy by writing to us (see ‘How to contact us’).
How to contact us
Have any questions or feedback?
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation as needed. You may ask questions or provide feedback on this policy or our approach to data protection either by writing to us or by emailing email@example.com.
Have a complaint?
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, please write to us. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, such as the Information Commissioner's Office. For more see https://ico.org.uk
Need to write to us?
You can write to us at the address below:
Data Protection Officer Hallnet Ltd. Lowton Business Park, Newton Road, Warrington WA3 2AP
Third party websites
Our website or other online content may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites are operated by third parties responsible for processing personal data in accordance with their own privacy policies. We would advise that you check any such policies before you submit any personal information through these websites.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in March 2018.